And boy did it live up to it's title! Whitney and I took a few days off work before general conference and decided to pack up the car and head up north. We had a destination in mind, but had no clue how to get there! Getting out of phoenix wasn't the hard part, it was making it to Salt Lake that proved quite difficult. After a phone call to dad, a few questions to the Wendy's drive-thru man, and some more U-turns we finally made it to Utah!!

And we wonder why we got lost... curse this blog thing. If we had paid as much attention to the road signs as we did to the camera we may has saved ourselves a conversation with Jorge at Wendy's!!

We spent most of our day in downtown Salt Lake and had a delicious homemade meal atthe Lion House for lunch.

I loved the food...and everything else that we were able to see and tour. My most favorite part of the day was my first experience in the Salt Lake temple. Whitney and I wanted to do a session but when we went in the matron asked us if we would be willing to do sealings...It was a wonderful opportunity that was full of emotion. I thought about how hard those early saints had worked to have a place where they could leave the world and the persecutions behind and worship in peace. How grateful I am for their sacrifices and that I now have such a place to retreat from the world. It also brought back great memories of my own sealing and how happy I was to be able to spend be there with Whitney!

That night were were able to attend his missionary reunion with his mission president who just recently got home from his mission. We had a great time! To all the missionaries he served with and especially to President and Sister Teixeira.... Thank you for inspiring Whitney to be the great priesthood holder and husband that he is!
3 comments:
that sounds so cool! I can't believe you guys got lost--funny. I would love to go to the SLC temple. very neat.
It's about time you post this!!! However, I am a little upset there isn't a picture of me on there! LOL.
Kandas...no worries...it's coming. I was considering making a comment about the dancing fiasco in the mission reunion comment that only you and Ri would understand, but I decided to hold my tongue (or in this case...fingers?!?) You'll get your moment of glory!! HeHe
Post a Comment