Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

What are the odds?

(Thanks to Riley and Kandas for the inspiration...you are always up to something fun!!!)

Finally, I decided to get creative on our anniversary and surprise Whitney with something "amazing"!! Whitney and I are big fans of "The Amazing Race", so with the help of my team (you know who you are) we "worked" on the race for days. Without bragging too much....It could have been awesome!

Notice the "could have been" part? Yup, you guessed it. Never before had Whitney been asked to work nights, but he was asked to work the night of our anniversary. WHAT?? Ahh Sigh.... So we rushed the preparations and got everything ready to go the night before. It could have been great then too! Yup, you guessed it... called in to work that night too!

Having had a minor lapse in judgement, I must have admited my plans were foiled, yet again! Whitney picked up on the comment and unable to contol his curiosity, he went snooping in my email and found the top secret plans. With a few hours on his side and and all of the contraband at his fingertips he conspired a little race of his own. I think, however, I may have foiled his plans as well. I came home from work early and found him ready to leave the house with his hands full of amazing race clues! Thanks to Whitney, we still had our AMAZING race, it wasn't quite how I expected it, but we both got a grand prize! I love my IPOD touch! Thanks honey for such a memorable day!


0 comments: