And for the cliff notes version of Kambrya's arrival:
On Friday March 19, I went in for my regular Dr. appt and walked out of that visit with the news that I needed to be induced (due to some some health concerns). I guess I wasn't prepared for the news and how quickly things would transpire after that. I was a wreck the entire weekend (including Sunday...my birthday) trying to pack my bags and get the house and nursery ready. Monday came much too quickly and I returned to the Dr. for a follow-up visit. Apparently all of the labs that had been a concern on Friday came back normal, but the Dr. still recommened induction. To wait, would only worsen the condition and put myself and the baby at risk. Of course we chose to induce and had a scheduled appt at Banner Estrella on Wednesday March 24 at 3 am. We got a call Tuesday night from the hospital stating that inductions were on hold and they would let us know when we could come in. I had been warned by others that it could be days before we get in:( On Wednesday morning we got a call from Dr Howard. He said he just made rounds at the hospital and that we were 8th on the list to be induced and it would be at least 2 days to get in. Yikes... I guess that wouldn't have been such a problem if he wasn't leaving for Hawaii on Friday! He told us we could wait and have one of the other Dr's in the practice deliver or he gave us the option to go to West Valley Hospital that same day and he would do the delivery. Despite the relief that I felt at the thought of being able to wait a few more days, I wanted my Dr to do the delivery (...and for good reason). I called Aunt Mag and she already received the orders from the Dr office and had everything set up at West Valley. We arrived at 6pm...full of excitment and nerves!
The room we had was comfortable. We walked in and Aunt Mag already had flowers on the table for me. I think she pulled a few strings and had arranged for the greatest nurses to care for me as well....they were absolutely amazing. I was induced that night and at 4:49pm on Thursday March 25, 2010 Kambrya Maile joined our family. I can't describe the wonderful mix of emotions I felt, but I can tell you that angels on both sides of the veil were present. As I looked at Kambrya, through my head played the song "I am a Child of God". It came as an answer to months of prayer. I couldn't be more grateful for the experience and especially for this new little one to love.
1 comments:
Beautiful! when each of my children were born and i saw them for the first time i had an inspired though for each of them. With Julian the thought was in words, "This is God's child, care for him". With Carmen it was, "Oh there you are, I know you." as if I recognized her from beyond the veil. With Isaiah it was, "I love you." And with Elias it was, "Wasn't I just in this situation not that long ago?" jk, with him it wasnt words, just an overwhelming emotion of love and gratitude.
Post a Comment