Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

1...2...3...Shopping?!?

This year for the holidays CORE was having a toy drive for kids. Whitney and I decided that we wanted to participate and since we are severely lacking in the "cool toys for kids" department, we decided to invite Jayce and Kamee with us to show us how to pick out "cool" toys. Before we embarked on what some may have considered "mission impossible", (shopping for toys with kids?!?) I briefed the youngsters on the purpose of our shopping trip and explained that some little kid's parents can't afford to buy Christmas gifts and that we were going to buy some gifts for a little boy and girl their age so that they had something to open on Christmas. Before we left the car I thought we needed a peppy type cheer to really get us in the mood so I said "put your hands in and on the count of three say... "Shopping"!! Whitney gave me the most pathetic look...All you could come up with was shopping? I know it was lame ...but it didn't matter. The only thing that did was finding the perfect toy. We all parted ways and...

the boys found...


A Soccer ball and some transformer toy

And the girls found...


A barbie and stuffed puppy

We sure had a fun time...maybe this is the start of a tradition for the years to come!!

0 comments: