Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Random happenings

I will try to spare you my laundry list of excuses as to why I haven't blogged lately, but I will try to make up for it in the next few posts and highlight the last 6 months...

After a somewhat challenging summer, I decided to continue teaching seminary this year because...

1. I absolutely love teaching!
2. I love my students!
3. I love the Book of Mormon!

I could do with out the 6 am class time, but it is worth it to be able to teach the BOM. I felt like I had worked 3 years for this! I couldn't wait to build tents and camp in the "wilderness", literally participate in Lehi's dream, transcribe King Benjamin's "conference address", teach King Noah and the wicked priests with Abinadi...and the list goes on. This was going to be AWESOME! and it started out that way...

We headed for the promised land, traveled in the "wilderness" and camped in tents.

We successfully obtained the brass plates to take with us on our journey! (pictured is our first failed attempt)


We, like Lehi, saw and partook of the fruit that is most desirable....



and then, Sister Bunn found out she was PREGNANT!



and unfortunately my students found out what pregnancy does to Sister Bunn...
lethargic (always tired)
morning sickness (not good for a morning seminary class:)
irritable
swollen limbs
"airheadedness" (others would say I lost half my brain:)

Gone were the days of prepared and interactive lessons, cest la vie to the home cooked treats, good-bye to the fun and enthusiastic Sister Bunn (if you could ever say that) and HELLO to the moody grouch!

As if that HAPPY:) news wasn't enough, we FINALLY signed papers on our first home only two weeks later!



Just a few details:

The house is small (1400 SF) on almost an acre lot in Tolleson, AZ. We have big plans for the place, but here is what we found:


front view


back yard looking at the full-length porch


from the back porch looking at the back yard and the horse corrals



view of the side yard


A new home obviously means lots of cleaning, packing, and moving which we have done lots of....it's just too bad we haven't yet moved into this home! I'll save the details for a future post, but here is a preview as to why!

1 comments:

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

Kamaili, I just saw that you are PREGNANT! CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so exciting, but I'm sorry you are feeling kinda dumpy lately. Hopefully you'll be out of that first trimester soon and on to feeling better!